Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Eve Reflections

Well Christmas is over. I write this in Galveston at a Beach House my in-laws (incredible people) rent for their whole family. Here’s the breakdown; 8 adults and 9 kids, 1 is on the way, not from us though!

Anywho, I am so thankful to the Lord for our Christmas Eve service. We had our highest attendance ever at this event. We had 600 people! I do not know yet if anyone indicated that they made any faith decisions but I personally had several good conversations with people.

I am so pleased to be with a church that does whatever it takes to bring the Gospel to people. I am especially proud of our Worship Team and Worship Pastor. They rehearsed hard on Thursday, got to the service to set-up at 2:30 and stayed after everyone left to tear down! Wow! They were off the chain too! Wow! I think musically it was one of the best services we have ever done.

I have to admit I had the last minute “is anybody coming” panic! I saw how big the room was we rented and how many chairs we had out and I thought, “oh my goodness, no one will come!” My amigo Brandon Baca calmed me down and assured me people were coming. I prayed, took a deep breath and the night went on!

It was ended by the third annual Christmas Eve meal at Chili’s!

No comments: