Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas is Here

Well it's here! This Sunday is Christmas Eve. We have signs up, we have done the promos, we have had over 600 hits on our website. This Sunday night will be our last service of 2006.

I will be off with family for a week and not preaching for two. I am excited about that because rest is good. I hope to do a lot of reflecting over the next couple of weeks. There is alot before us at Crossbridge. I believe our best days are ahead of us.

I finished planning the sermon calendar until Mother's Day of this year. I'm excited because it is a mix of topical and expository. There is also even a little vision casting thrown in here and there too! The new year will bring our annual Partners Dinner Meeting, where we review where God has brought us from and look at where He is taking us in the new year.

We announced the hiring of our Children's Director last Sunday! We are very excited about her coming on board. Children's Ministry is huge for us! We have needed this for a while. Our Director of Ministry development is transitioning his role a little bit. His new role is Connections Pastor. He will be overseeing connecting people into the life of Crossbridge. The biggest addition for him is the overseeing of our small group ministry. I am pumped about what God is putting on his heart and mind these days!

So enough rambling. I felt like I needed to write something because it's been a while.

No comments: